Globe just keeps getting better and better. I may sound like a broken record time and time again. But, hey… what can I do? It’s true! Globe does keep getting better and better.
Just when you thought Globe has pulled out all possible surprises out of their sleeve, here they are again, seemingly besting previous awesome treats for their loyal customers.
If you were following my Instagram account, you probably would have caught wind of it the moment it was revealed since I was at The Eye Green Sun in Makati during Globe Telecom’s huge announcement.
In a move that is sure to delight kids and kids at heart, Globe proudly told the public that they are once again enhancing the Filipino digital lifestyle experience with a comprehensive and multi-year collaboration with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia).
Yes! You heard that right, dear readers. A Globe and Walt Disney partnership did just happen… and it means a ton of magical things ahead for all Globe subscribers.
This Globe and Walt Disney partnership will give Filipino customers access to video-on-demand, interactive content, promotions and other related services across multiple devices and affirms the relationship of Globe and Disney, whose brands include Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and global leader in short-form video, Maker Studios.
A whole new world of treats with the Globe and Walt Disney partnership
So, what wonderful things can we expect with this newly revealed Globe and Walt Disney partnership? Globe customers will now have access to an array of Disney content offerings including long and short-form programming, interactive content and games, theatrical releases and retail promotions. Offerings include…
- Disney Movies On Demand (DMOD): an on-demand subscription service for selected evergreen Disney and Pixar titles such as the Toy Story franchise, Finding Nemo, The Princess Diaries, Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmas, Cinderella and much more, that can be viewed on any device anytime, anywhere.
- Disney On Demand (DOD): an on-demand subscription service for selected Disney TV favorites such as Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Phineas & Ferb, that can be watched on any device anytime, anywhere.
- Maker On Demand: an on-demand subscription service featuring the best short-form videos from Maker Studios’ portfolio of content across gaming, comedy, music, sports, fashion, and family, to name a few, featuring popular talent from Makers’ network of 55,000 creators globally.
- Maker and Globe will also team to create custom branded entertainment featuring top digital influencers – Supporting the Globe service.
- WATCH Disney Channel Apps – entertainment apps which provide access to Disney Channel, Disney Junior and Disney XD. Kids and family can enjoy all the 3 Disney Channels via this digital destination.
- Disney Interactive: a world of mobile and web-based games, apps and e-books based on the best-loved Disney stories.
- Promotions, merchandising and retail activations that bring Disney’s latest theatrical releases closer to Filipinos.
Wow! That’s a whole lot!
Dan Horan (Globe Senior Advisor for Consumer Business) said that they are very happy with the Globe and Walt Disney partnership because they are entering into a relationship with such an iconic brand. Everyone loves Disney… that’s why they are excited to bring the brand closer to Filipinos and give the best content experience on their devices anytime, anywhere.
Rob Gilby (Managing Director, The Walt Disney Company Southeast Asia) likewise said that they are thrilled to bring the Disney brand of storytelling closer to more Filipinos through this collaboration with Globe.
My wife and I, together with our daughter actually had the time of our lives during the day of the big reveal of the Globe and Walt Disney partnership because guests of the event were treated to so much fun and entertainment!
What better way to celebrate this magical partnership than to kick things off in true Disney fashion – by listening to a string of incredible Disney songs performed by none other than our very own Disney princess and the voice of countless original Disney tunes, Ms. Lea Salonga.
And hey… no Disney celebration would be complete without our childhood favorites, Mickey and Minnie Mouse! My wife was actually able to record the moment when Globe and Walt Disney unveiled the fun festive attractions which they setup for guests during the event. It was unbelievable! Check out the short video below…
It was like bringing a small piece of Disneyland to the Philippines if only for a short while.
I absolutely loved the Marvel booth wherein I was able to channel my inner-Tony Stark, summoning my Iron Man armor. It was soooo cool!!!
Of course, during the Globe and Walt Disney partnership event, I had fun with my daughter as well who seemed to also be having the time of her life. Check out our best Jedi VS Sith lightsaber battle reenactment using lightsaber chocolate sticks. LOL!
We all had an absolute blast. And if this grand reveal is any indication, then no doubt, BIGGER things are in the works for all Globe subscribers.
Thank you, Globe Telecom, for never letting up and for coming up with more treats for all of us.
It truly is a great time to be a part of Globe. Join me and together, let’s SHARE THE MAGIC!