Remember when Apple recently announced that all NEW Mac and iOS devices will be able to get the newest version of the iWork suite (Keynote, Pages & Numbers) for free?
Kinda sucked if you weren’t planning on getting a new device.
But guess what… you don’t have to get a new Mac to be able to get the latest version of iWork for free! You can get in on the fun just as long as you’ve upgraded to the new OS X Mavericks!
Apparently, OS X Mavericks will allow you to go from a trial version of iWork 6 to the suite’s newest version with a few easy steps.
Miloot.com recently explained how you can get your own legit version of Apple’s latest (and greatest) productivity suite.
Just follow the steps below:
- Quit the App Store app
- Visit http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Business/Apple-iWork-06.shtml
- Click Download
- Click External Mirror 1
- Download and Install the DMG file
- Open up at least one of the applications and select 30 day trial
- Wait a few minutes (1-2 mins)
- Open up the App Store app
- Check the Updates tab and you should see an update for iWork
- Install updates
- You will now have two copies of each application (Pages, Keynote, Numbers). Erase the old ones from the iWork folder.
That’s it! Simple, right? You now have fully licensed copies of all the apps.
Not sure if this method is intentional, but it has been tested and verified to work.
Try it out yourselves!